Saturday, May 31, 2014

Plans For Next Range Day

Ok, I have made some plans for my next range day, whenever that happens to be.

I got Ed to send me a new version of his 100-bulls-per-page target, with colored bulls. I will be shooting this target at 15 meters, using the Hatsan Supercharger, with the x2 Mag Tru Glo red dot scope.

I will shoot 33 of these bulls from the bench, 33 of them from a standing position using cup and saucer (police style) stance, and the last 34 bulls will be shot from a standing position using one-handed, full-arm-extension (Olympic style) stance.

Here is what the new Ed Canoles targets look like:

I Had Ed Make Some Solid Bulls For Me.


I will also be shooting my new target at 15 meters, using the Diana P5, with the x1 Mag Tru Glo red dot scope. I originally designed this target to be shot at 10 meters, but I want to push the envelope a bit on my next time out. These new targets are 20 bulls per page. I will be shooting 3 shots at each bull, for a total of sixty (60) shots.The first 7 bulls will be shot from the bench, the next 7 will be shot cup and saucer, and the last 6 bulls will be shot Olympic style.

Once I am hitting with consistent accuracy at 15 meters, I will move the targets out to 25 meters, and shoot all the bulls from the bench. I will NOT be making scope adjustments; I will be changing my Point of Aim (using "holdover") to hit the bulls.

I believe that sighting my pistols in for 15 meters will allow me to shoot them at 25 meters with only a minor adjustment in Point of Aim.

Here is what the new 20-bull target looks like:

My New Target, With 20 One-Inch Bulls.




I measured my new target, and the printed version is pretty close to what Microsoft Publisher said they would measure when printed. Check it out:



The Outer Box Is 1/64 Of An Inch Off. I Can
Live With That.




The Inner Box Is 1/32 Of An Inch Off.
No Big Deal.




The Bull Is Exactly One Inch. Perfect.


Once I get these pistols shooting the way I want them to shoot, I can try "special" targets, such as tin cans, metal, animal-shaped field targets, etc.

I also intend to shoot the Hatsan at 100 yds. again, to see just how far I can push the pistol envelope! Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment