Saturday, September 21, 2013

Range Test: Hatsan .22 caliber Supercharger with Millet Red Dot

RANGE DAY! Just me and Yuri, father and son, punchin' some paper!

Weather: Bright and sunny. Occasional gentle breeze.
Pellet in use: Beeman Crow Magnum .22 Caliber
Today almost didn't happen; the battery in my red dot died! Luckily, the range shop had a spare!

This is what I have in the Hatsan today.








My target: 10m distant.

My Targets.






Yuri's Target: 5m distant. (Hey, he's 6 years old!)








My stance: Standing, arms at full extension, police-style cup-and-saucer grip, using the red dot. Final groupings with the Crow Magnum pellets:

With the red dot, I am now able to notice how badly I shake. I need more arm strength.



The 9 and 10 rings are half-inch rings. I fired 16 shots, 15 of which were in the black, and 7 of those (almost half) were in the center 1.5" area.

Yuri's stance: Most of his were from a seated position, using a bench rest, but for a few of them, he stood up and tried to do what I was doing. Here is his final grouping. He was shooting the Diana P5 Magnum, open (Tru Glo) sights, using .177 caliber RWS Super H-Point pellets:



Not bad for a 6-year old!

By the way, I believe that I have mentioned this before, the black circle (Rings 7-10 + Bull) is 5.25 inches in diameter. Yuri fired 18 shots, and got 15 of those shots in the black.

Does anyone have any pistol groupings they'd like to share, for comparison's sake?



No comments:

Post a Comment