Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Hatsan... UPGRADED

Well folks, I took my Hatsan Supercharger in to the local gunsmith, and had him mount and zero a red dot scope for me. I picked it up today after work, shot it a few times, and ran it over the chrony twice.

With 14.2 Grain RWS Super-H Points, the chronograph registered 498 and 499. So basically, 498.5, but we'll go ahead and round our average back down to 498. I realize that I need a longer shot string, but the gunsmith was on his way out for the day, and I didn't want to keep him any longer than necessary.

But if we say 498 is the consistent average, which I have no reason to doubt, we can safely say that the Hatsan Supercharger is a 7.82 FPE gun. (Let's round up to 8 FPE, because 0.18 is not a significant difference.)

Being an 8 FPE gun means that it will, as a rule of thumb, humanely dispatch any pest weighing 8 lbs. or less; rats, rabbits, squirrels, crows, etc. Thus, this pistol could be used to hunt small game.

I didn't have time to set up actual targets, so I shot at the frames that hold the targets. The frame posts are aluminum (painted black) and they are about 1.5 inches wide. I shot at one that was sitting about 40 yards out, and PINGed it 5 out of 6 times from a standing position, using the police-style cup and saucer hold. This red dot (Millett brand) is wonderful!

I will do more extensive tests later on, but for now, check out these pictures:





















No comments:

Post a Comment