Monday, March 17, 2014

Back From The Gunsmith

Ok, here is the full post that the sneak peak promised. All of my guns are back from the gunsmith; all but one of them had a picatinny rail and optics installed. The last one was the antique Diana 27, it was in for a re-seal, re-lubrication, sight alignment, and cleanup. All of the pistols are sporting new Cerakote, which unfortunately means that the model number and logo for these pistols is no more (see below.) Also, you might notice that the Diana pistols don't have the right-handed grip; I ordered the left-handed grips for both pistols, and swapped out the right sides, thus giving both of these Diana pistols ambidextrous grips.

The Hatsan 25 Supercharger (.22 caliber,) and two Diana P5 Magnums (.177 caliber.)



The Hatsan Model 25 Supercharger with Tru Glo red dot scope.


Close-up of the Hatsan, to show the custom Picatinny rail. The logo is gone.


My Diana P5 with its new Tru Glo red dot scope.



My son's Diana P5 with its new (used) BSA red dot scope.
He is 7 now; he will inherit this gun when he turns 16.



Close-up of my P5  to show the custom Picatinny rail. As with the
Hatsan, the Diana logo on top of the gun has been covered by Cerakote.



Close-up of my son's P5  to show the custom Picatinny rail. As with the
Hatsan, the Diana logo on top of the gun has been covered by Cerakote.



My antique 1934-era Diana Model 27, all cleaned up and ready to roll.



I went a little picture happy with the Diana 27. There's no reason for this close-up
view, other than the fact that I love looking at this gun.





A thing of beauty is a joy forever.





My local gunsmith, Benny; the guy who made it all possible.




Well, that's all for now; when I return, I will be shooting these guns, posting data and target photos as I go. Until then, may all of your pellets fly true!



1 comment:

  1. Excellent job by the gunsmith judging by photos...what about accuracy?
    Have you tested them yet?
    They sure look god..
    Regards...
    Sanjin

    ReplyDelete